SIMON M. KARITA
Simon M. Karita | Kaluki Muriu Ndiritu & Company Advocates
Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
Previously practiced with Gicharu Kimani & Company Advocates, Simon M. Karita is currently the Head Partner at Kaluki Muriu Ndiritu & Company Advocates in charge of Malindi Office.
- LLB (Hons) – Name of Campus
- Diploma – Kenya School of Law
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Civil Litigation
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
He has a wide experience and immense interest in criminal matters and civil litigation from the Margistrates Court, High Court and the Court of Appeal in Kenya. Other areas of interest include Commercial and Partnership Disputes, Sports Litigation, Bank Litigation, Mortage Realizations, Recoveries and Debt Collection, Marine Claims, Traffic Cases, Motor Car Accident Claims, Defamation, Arbitration Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights (Trade Marks, Copyrights and Patents)
Mr. Karita’s portfolio includes:-
- Representing clients in criminal cases from the Magistrates Court, High Court and Court of Appeal charged under the various provisions of the Criminal Laws applicable in Kenya.
- Representing clients in the Tea, Coffee and Horticultural industry, entailing the functioning of Co-operative Societies and Tribunals.
- Giving legal advice on the interpretation of Insurance Act (Cap 487) of the Laws of Kenya and any amendments thereof.
- Giving legal advice on the application of Insurance (Motor Vehicles Third Party Risks) Act (Cap 405) of the Laws of Kenya.
- Giving legal advice on reinsurance matters and acting on behalf of Insurance Companies as instructed.
- Drafting or amending legal documents pertaining insurance matters.
- The Law Society of Kenya
- The East African Law Society